Grant for Economics Professorship Leads University Donations

A grant of $500,000 from the Ford Foundation has established a new Research Professorship in Economics here, it was announced last night in the quarterly report of gifts to the University.

This fund may be used either to bring a visiting professor here for a year of research in economic problems, or to relieve a present member of the faculty from a year's teaching duties to permit an unbroken program of research.

$2 1/2 Million Total

The Ford Foundation grant is part of $2,592, 005.21 in gifts for capital endowment received by the University during July, August, and September. Gifts for current use during the same period totalled $2,014,415.57.

Another $500,000 gift of the Ford Foundation will set up the Ford Foundation Medical Endowment, income for which will be used for instructional purposes at the Medical School during the next ten years.

Book Renovation

The late Carl T. Keller '93, of Peterborough, N.H., has bequeathed $620,-410.81 to the University to establish the Keller Fund, which will provide money for the purchase of books and the binding and cleaning of books for the College Library.

Other capital gifts include:

Longwood Foundation, Inc., to establish a fund for the Medical School, $250,000.

Estate of William I. Morse, to be added to the Susan A. E. Morse Fund for the College Library, $168,060.