CRIMSON Opens Doors To Competitors Today

Everybody reads the CRIMSON, but you can only get an inside view into how it functions by entering the news, editorial, photographic, or business competitions, all of which start tonight at 7:30 p.m. inside 14 Plympton Street.

The freshmen and upperclassmen who come to tonight's meeting will be served beer and will be given all the information about the CRIMSON which is not contained in the feature in today's issue. The editors will explain the purposes of the paper and the work expected of the candidates trying out for it. Radcliffe girls are more than welcome.

Writers and interviewers trying out for the news board will be able to cover more and more responsible assignments as the competition progresses. They may eventually be writing about the building of an eighth house, political happenings in Cambridge, or varsity sports.

The efforts of editorial board candidates appear in the paper less frequently. The best of their editorials or reviews, of which they must submit a certain number before election, may however, appear in print.

The candidates doing work for the CRIMSON's photo board are allowed to use the paper's photographic equipment and darkroom facilities. No previous experience is required of those coming out.

The Business board gives candidates an opportunity to get practice in handling newspaper advertising. They will work on the regular daily issues as well as the career guide, the phone directory, and other special publications.