Injured Stahura and Eikenberry Sidelined for Saturday's Contest

Two of the Crimson's leading ground-gainers--halfbacks Walt Stahura and Ron Eikenberry--will not play against Princeton this Saturday, Coach Lloyd Jordan indicated last night. Loss of these men will seriously hamper the varsity's attempt to upset the undefeated Tigers.

The absence of Stahura will be some-what offset by the return of his substitute at left half, Sandy Dodge. For the first time in two weeks, Dodge participated in contact work yesterday and, according to Jordan, looked "pretty good." He injured himself in the Monday practice following the Columbia game. At that time, doctors thought it would be four weeks before he could return to the line-up.

Both Stahura and Eikenberry have been sidelined all week with injuries. Jordan had hoped that Stahura, the starting left halfback, would be ready for action, but his knee, hurt last Saturday against Penn, has not been responding to treatment. Eikenberry has been out for a week and a half with an injured ankle.

Dodge's return eases Jordan's acute shortage of halfbacks. For the past two Saturdays he has been using Jim Damis as substitute at both halfback positions.