Student Council to Urge Building Of Activity Center With Theatre

Disturbed by Overseers Report

The building of a new Student Activities Center with a theater attached will be urged upon the Administration early next month by the Student Activities Center Committee of the Student Council, Larry R. Johnson '58, committee head, revealed yesterday.

Although the committee had not intended to publish a report of club conditions until the start of the spring term, the announcement of the new fund drive in President Pusey's report to the Overseers convinced them to make their suggestions earlier. The committee was also disturbed by an absence in the Report to the Overseers of plans for a new activities center.

To point up to the University how "woefully inadequate" the present facilities are, the council committee has sent questionnaires to 70 club presidents asking about their needs and complaints, Johnson reported. He expects the clubs' most frequent complaint will be their overcrowding and lack of office space, and hopes that the answers will show how greatly all the clubs' rooms are spread out around the University.