Varsity, Yardling Wrestling Teams At Wilkes-Barre

Twelve members of the varsity and freshman wrestling teams will compete in the annual Wilkes Open Wrestling Tournament, at Wilkes College in Wilkes-Barre, Penna., Dec. 28 and 29.

Although awards will be made on both an individual and team basis for this meet, the Crimson wrestlers will be entering on an informal basis, rather than as a team.

Freshman Bob Kozol will wrestle at 130, with freshman John Watkins and sophomore Bob Crook at 137. Freshman John Vernaglia will represent the Crimson at 147, along with sophomore Joe Noble.

Sophomore King Holmes will be the sole Crimson entrant at 157, while both Captain Bob Gilmor and freshman Serge McKhann will wrestle at 167. Ted Raymond and Bob Foster should both wrestle at 177, since Al Culbert, a returning veteran, who is at present ineligible for intercollegiate competition, will try to make the weight at 191.

Recommended Articles

Undergraduates Continue Cane-Fighting Tradition
PRINCETON, N.I.--There's a little savage in all of us--or at least at Princeton. And for over a century, came wrestling
Matmen Ready to Strike
A casual glance at the scorecard of this past intersession would indicate that all the previous successes of this year's
Grapplers Endure Trio of Defeats; Bruins, Lions, CCSU Roll
The Harvard wrestling team was king of the hill. Only falling to powerful Cornell and sailing on a five-match winning
Marty Goes Wrestling With the Champ; It's No Fun When You're Down and Out
We stood looking at each other: occasionally Jim Abbott would grunt, I would snarl. Then with lightning speed. I grabbed
Men Selected for Wrestling Team
As a result of the trials for the University wrestling team, the following men have been selected: 115 pounds, H.
GOOD CHANCE FOR WRESTLERS
The Student Council and the Athletic Committee have approved the awarding of insignia to all the members of the wrestling