CRIMSON Will Be Host to Conference on Journalism

17 Schools Attending

Student editors from 17 high and prep school newspapers will attend the CRIMSON's first annual Conference on Scholastic Journalism this Friday and Saturday, President John G. Wofford '57 announced yesterday.

The conference will bring the secondary school journalists together for a series of discussions and talks on various aspects of publishing school papers and journalism in general.

Two editors from each of the schools will arrive about 4:30 p.m. on Friday, and be taken on tours of the College. Starting at the same time and continuing through the conference, the editors from each paper will go over their issues of this fall with a CRIMSON editor who has studied them and will offer advice on them.

They will go to dinner in the Houses, and at 8 p.m. will convene at the CRIMSON building for a general meeting to hear addresses by Victor O. Jones '28, managing editor of the Boston Globe, John U. Monro '34, Director of Financial Aid, and William M. Pinkerton, director of the University News Office.

Will Hear Talks at CRIMSON

When the meeting is concluded, the editors will observe Crimeds publishing Saturday's edition, and then they will spend the night in the Houses or Radcliffe dormitories.

Saturday morning about 9:30 the students will gather for panel discussions on various problems of scholastic newspaper publishing, including topics like editorial writing, makeup, the use of photographs, the problem of censorship of school papers, news writing, features, and other subjects.

After a buffet lunch at the CRIMSON building, the Conference will adjourn Saturday afternoon.

The schools which have accepted the invitation to attend and are sending two representatives are:

Belmont Hill, Belmont High School, Boston Latin School, Deerfield Academy, Gamaliel Bradford High School of Wellesley, Lowell High School, Medford High School, Newton High School, Phillips Exeter Academy, Pomfret School, Rindge Technical High School, Roxbury Latin School, Saint Mark's School, and Worcester North High School.