Dartmouth Faces Brown in Debate Meet Here Today

Green Will Hold All Future 'Home' Matches at Harvard

Dartmouth, the northernmost team in the Ivy League, will henceforth hold all of its "home" debates at Harvard, it was announced yesterday. The team will meet Brown this afternoon in its first such "home" match.

The shifting of its debating ground from Hanover, N.H., to Cambridge was agreed upon by the Ivy League Debate Council, with the cooperation of the Harvard Intercollegiate Debate Council. The prohibitive costs of traveling to Hanover was given as the reason for the switch.

Brown and Dartmouth will debate the official intercollegiate topic: "Resolved: that non-agricultural industries should guarantee employees an annual wage." It will be held in the Lamont Forum Room at 1 p.m.

Judges for the debate will be Hiram J. McLendon, assistant professor of Philosophy; F. Victor Walker, teaching fellow in Economics; and Robert G. Dederick '51, teaching fellow in Economics.

The Ivy Debate League has been in existence for a number of years, but this is the first year that all eight teams have been represented.

The College Debate Council also announced yesterday that it will hold its annual intercollegiate tournament here.