Thompson, Meigs, Siler, Levin Selected To Senior Positions in Close Balloting

Vote Deadlock Ends As Thompson Wins Post Over Meigs

The Class of 1956 chose Cliff F. Thompson of Lowell House and Fairway, Kan.; William M. Meigs of Adams House and North Braddock, Pa.; and Arthur G. Siler of Winthrop House and Orinda, Calif., as first, second, and third marshals in a close election yesterday. Albert B. Levin of Kirkland House and East Orange, N.J., was elected Class Committee member-at-large.

Thompson, a Rhodes Scholar, is a former president of the CRIMSON and of the Union Debating Society. He is also a member of Phillips Brooks House and a varsity fencer. Meigs, the 1955 captain of the varsity football team, is president of the Undergraduate Athletic Council.

Siler also holds a Rhodes Scholarship and captains the varsity track team. He is chairman of the Winthrop House Committee and a member of the Crimson Key Society. Levin has served as president and vice-president of the Student Council. A Phi Beta Kappa member, he is on the Kirkland House Committee. Levin has also worked with the Social Service Committee of P.B.H.

The Marshals and Class Committee are the official governing body of the class after graduation. It is their function to plan Class Day activities, organize reunions, and lead fund raising drives for the class.

The House representatives to the Permanent Class Committee will be elected tomorrow.