Committee Here Today For Tutorial Discussion

Council Will Present Part of Report on Expansion to Them

The entire House system, especially the tutorial program, will undergo the close scrutiny of the Committee to Visit Harvard College which meets here today.

Throughout the day, the committee, a sub-group of the Board of Overseers, will meet with various students and tutors to determine the effectiveness of the system, from dating to commuting.

From 10 until 2, the committee will meet behind closed doors with the executive and expansion committees of the Student Council, coming out only long enough to test the central kitchen food in the Kirkland House dining hall. The Council will present the first section of the long-awaited expansion report, drawn up from statistics of about 260 questionnaires, Edward M. Abramson '57, president of the Council said yesterday.

Commuter Meeting

Following the meeting with the Council, the group, which is headed by David Rockefeller '36, will proceed to Apley Court for a discussion of "commuter student facilities, plans and problems." There, they will meet with commuters, House residents who live in the "commuter area," and tutors including Charles P. Whitlock, the senior tutor for non-residents.

In the evening, a tutor and student from each of the Houses and Dudley will join the committee for dinner in the Society of Fellows Dinning Room in Eliot House. The discussion will cover "educational forces at work in the Harvard Houses, including the value of tutorial."