Rineharts Beaten By Wintergreens

The Wintergreens gained and protected an early lead to defeat the Rineharts, 8 to 5, in their annual tilt yesterday. Kirkland, the House hockey champion, contributed seven men to the all-star game and Dunster was second in representation with five players on the teams. Lowell and Winthrop each had three skaters chosen for the game; Dudley, two; and Eliot, one.

Pacing the Wintergreens' scoring was right wing Charlie Hamlin of Winthrop, who tallied four points. Dunster's Pete Hoagland, at center, added two goals and gave Hamlin one assist. Fred Nickerson of Dunster contributed three assists from his defense position, and left wing John Newell of Kirkland scored one goal.

Center Earl Silbert of Winthrop placed the remaining Wintergreen goal, and defensemen Bill Kussin of Dunster and Fred Willman of Lowell each made one assist.

Walt Gannon of Kirkland, playing left wing, led the Rinehart scoring with two goals, and Dudley's Paul Brennan scored one unassisted goal and one assist from his center position. Howie Dodge of Dunstar, center, and George Thompson of Kirkland, left wing, hit one goal apiece. Kirkland men Tom Raugust, defense, and Tom Walsh, right wing each made an assist.