Varsity Lacrosse Team to Meet Syracuse Today on Home Field

The varsity lacrosse team rates an even chance in its game with Syracuse on the Business School Field this afternoon at 3 p.m.

Although the Crimson lost all its games on its annual spring training jaunt to the South, Syracuse has fared little better this season. Both squads will be suffering from an excess of snow and little outdoor practice.

Dexter Lewis, Larry Coburn, and Don Davidoff will lead the attack, while Fred Sharf, Roger Martin and Leo Daley head the defense. Jim Gale and Barry Saxe lead the midfield group, while Mark Rhine will start in the crease.

The team spent its vacation gaining experience, but no victories. One of the few bright spots of the trip was provided when the Crimson outscored the league champion Hofstra in the second half of its game. Against Rutgers the varsity was distinctly outclassed as the Scarlet overwhelmed it, 19 to 9. The University of Baltimore jumped into a quick lead in the first half, and although the Crimson outscored them in the second half, their lead held up.

The most uneven match of the tour was the one in which Navy's football stars swamped the team, 18 to 2.

The good second half play in two games gives evidence that the Crimson should at least be able to top last year's winless squad.