Tennis Team Faces B.U. Today In Search of Third Shutout Win

"We're the best in our league," said B.U. tennis coach Ed Serus last night, "but tommorow we'll be going against the Ivy League and I'm afraid its going to be a different story." With this statement he summed up quite well the prospects for B.U. when they oppose the Crimson this afternoon on the Soldier's Field courts.

Although the Terriers will have two excellent men at first and second singles, Sheldon Caldwell and Tom Kerr, they will be hard-pressed to avoid a shutout at the hands of the varsity which boasts a 5-2 record so far this year. The only two defeats came against the University of North Carolina.

The Crimson will use the same line-up which carried them to two consecutive shutout wins over MIT and Brown. Captain Brooks Harris will be at first singles, followed by Dale Junta, Ham Gravem, Connie Fisher, Maynard Canfield, and Cal Place at second through sixth singles.

Recommended Articles

ON DECK
TODAY Field Hockey vs. UConn, 3:30 p.m. M. Soccer vs. B.U., 3 p.m. TOMMOROW No events.
Crimson Varsity Faces Big Green In Tennis Today
The varsity tennis team, fresh from an impressive 11-4 victory over Yale, will face a mediocre Dartmouth squad this afternoon
Tennis Team Faces M.I.T., Prepares for Brown Contest Here
Back from their most successful spring trip in many years, the varsity tennis team opens its quest for the Eastern
Crimson Varsity Plays N.C. State In Tennis Today
In one of its most important matches of the year, the varsity tennis team, once again at full strength will
Varsity Tennis Team Conquers M.I.T., Brown by Shutout Scores
After crushing a weak MIT tennis team and brushing past a mediocre Brown aggregation, the varsity tennis squad was no
Varsity Tennis Team Opposes Red, Cadets In Weekend Matches
The varsity tennis squad will face Army at West Point today and then meet Cornell tomorrow. The team's lineup will