Underdog Lacrosse Team Seeks First Win From Tigers Today

Princeton's varsity lacrosse coach was up late Thursday night as part of the Athletic Department goon-squad guarding Alger Hiss, and the Tigers themselves fly in this morning over clouds that Logan calls "somewhat agitated." Also, Dartmouth upset them.

Still and all, the odds are against the Crimson's turning the Tigers into their first victory after nine defeats in nine efforts. Up until last week, when the varsity folded against Williams, the Crimson had held its own and more through the first half, habitually relaxing into defeat only in the late periods.

This pattern held true not only against less than excellent opposition like the Syracuse football team (20-5) and Cornell (12-9), but also against such veterans of the Indian national sport as the Boston Lacrosse Club, which reportedly handed the Massassoit All-Americans their first defeat since the legendary Iroquois upset of 1256.

But last week the Williams Irregulars took only a few minutes of the second period to open a hole big enough to push a 7-2 victory through.