A HAPPY COMMUTER

The Mail

I was actually feeling lucky that I could be attending Harvard until I read the CRIMSON editorial on the "plight of the commuter." Now I find that for three years I have been a member of the College Skid Row. Although probably every Dudley man appreciates the CRIMSON'S support for increased commuter facilities, the CRIMSON has again gone overboard in exaggeration.

Dudley has an adequate dining room and exceptional social and educational programs. The Dudley Reporter is the best small-scale newspaper I have seen in the College. We have a new house tie. Although Dudley is not a present Straus Trophy contender, we are at or near the top as far as the "athletics for all" slogan is concerned. We are active in many College activities: Debate Society, College Social Committee, and PBH, to name a few. Not to be overlooked is the fact that most Dudley men have access to a car, which comes in handy for trips to Endicott, Wellesley, and Wheaton.

Personally, I have been a non-resident for three years more by preference than by financial necessity. I feel lucky to live close enough to so many good schools that I can get an education at half the regular cost and still keep ties both at school and in my home town.... Charles A. Peirce '57   Dudley Hall