Varsity Golfers Beat Weak Wesleyan Team

The varsity golf team had little trouble in gaining its second win of the season Saturday, disposing of a mediocre Wesleyan squad, 5 to 2, at Middletown.

At one, the Crimson's Bill McAllister easily eliminated Herb Camp, 4 and 2. McAllister was not as erratic as he has been in previous matches, and managed to combine long, straight drives with precision putting.

Roger Fleischman, the varsity's regular number two man, was occupied with generals, and as a result Captain Bob Ornsteen successfully filled the position. He defeated Carl Van Etten in one of the closer matches, 2 and 1.

Brock Stokes played a steady game at three, downing Ben Day, 3 and 1. Behind Stokes, Alan Steinert, a sophomore who started the season at seven, dropped a tough match to Dave Ralston on the final hole.

Perry Driggs, at five, defeated his opponent in a close match, while Lou Klein easily beat Dick Tompkins, 4 and 3. Jim Bailey, playing seven, lost on the nineteenth hole.

The Freshman match with Andover was postponed when the players were unable to find a free course.