Applications For Law School Now At All-Time High

Applications to the Law School have reached an all-time high, Louis A. Toepfer, assistant dean and director of admissions at the Law School, said yesterday. About 100 more applications than last year have already been received, with 70 to 75 more expected before September.

Although the deadline was officially May 1, Toepfer expects applications to rise to 1850 by next fall. However, the size of the class will remain at about 500, he said.

The School, unlike the College, follows a rolling admissions policy and has already admitted 500 members of the new class, of whom about 65 per cent are expected to come.

Toepfer also said that applications from Harvard are running at about the same rate as in previous years, and that acceptances will run about 70 per cent from the College again. This means that probably about 100 people from the College will be in next year's class.

The rise in applicants means that it will be more difficult to get in, Toepfer said, but he foresees no growth in the size of the School within the near future.