Crimson Tennis Team to Oppose Strong Williams

The varsity tennis team, in search of its third straight victory and its eighth win in the last ten matches, opposes Williams this afternoon at the soldiers Field Courts.

Coach Jack Barnaby expects a tough fight from the Ephmen, perennially a tennis power in New England. They lost to Princeton, 6 to 3, on Princeton's hard-top courts, an indication that they are up to their usual strength.

The match should also serve as a measuring stick for the coming Princeton encounter, in which the Crimson will attempt to gain its first win from the Tigers in 20 years.

The varsity lineup will have Dale Junta, Captain Brooks Harris, Ham Gravem, Ben Heckscher, Steve Gottlieb, and Connie Fischer at first through sixth singles. Harris-Junta, Heckscher-Cal Place, and Gravem-Fischer will form the three doubles combinations.

The '59 tennis team will try its luck against the Williams freshmen at 3 p.m. on the Soldiers Field Courts. The Yardlings dropped their last match with an experienced Amherst squad, 5 to 4, last Monday. The singles will be played by Jim Cameron, Ned Weld, Charlie Hamm, Bill Wood, John Tamerin, and Bob Repetto.