Educational TV's Effect and Future To Be Discussed

"Educational Television" will be the topic of the first of three summer conferences, beginning on Monday, July 16. The other two conferences will be "The Little Magazine in America" and "General Education at the Crossroads." Starting next Monday, leaders in the fields of broadcasting education and government will conduct a three day meeting to discuss the potentialities of mass communication as a means of instruction.

The first of three sessions on "Educational Television" will deal with "The Educational Potential of Commercial Television." The speakers will be Robert Saudek, producer of "Omnibus," and Edward Stanley of NBC.

On July 17, "The Case for Special Educational Television" will take into consideration the problems and recent developments in Educational TV. Ira Dilworth and Raymond Witcoff will spaek.

"Formal Uses for In-School TV" will evaluate the use of Television inside the classroom. This final evening session will be held on July 18, and among the speakers will be Harold C. Hunt, Under-secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare.

William Y. Elliott, director of the Summer School, and Arthur Adams, president of The American Council on Education, will serve as chairmen.