Basketball Team to Face Brown, Columbia Quintets

Following a nine-day layoff the Crimson basketball team resumes play tomorrow night against Brown in Providence at 8:30. In its second between-semesters game, Harvard will seek revenge against Columbia Saturday night at the I.A.B.

Both contests will be return league engagements, but they will feature exactly opposite circumstances for the Crimson. In both, home teams will be out to avenge very decisive first encounter defeats.

Against Brown in December at Cambridge Harvard played its finest basketball of the season, and completely outclassed the Bruins, 92-47. And in the Lions' New York den in January, Chet Forte led Columbia to a 80-61 romp over the varsity.

Brown should put up much tougher opposition this time. Its scoring star, jumping Joe Tebo, was hampered with a slight injury the first game, and tallied only 10 points. Now fully recovered, tomrrow he will probably approach his last year's league average, 23.5 points per game. Also Brown will have the advantage of a familiar court and a friendly crowd.

Saturday, the varsity should have the psychological advantages which they will lack tomorrow night. However, despite the help of the prior Brown game and the home court, the Crimson will not come much closer than merely narrowing the 19-point margin of the first game unless it stops the sensational Forte.

Brown was tied with Harvard for seventh and eight, or last place last year, and must be beaten to better last year's showing. Columbia was tied for second, and is again fighting for the league title. Harvard has demonstrated the potential to beat the Blue and White. Wilson and his players feel that with some breaks, they can pull an upset.