Pusey, Deans Will Depart On 20,000 Mile U.S. Tour

President Pusey, Dean Bundy, and Dean Bender will make a 20,000 mile speaking trip next month to promote the $82,500,000 Program for Harvard College. The major centers of Harvard's 45,000 alumni will be visited in the drive to strengthen undergraduate education.

"We wish to dramatize for all America," said President Pusey, the size and scope of the task facing higher education--together with its financial implications. By strengthening Harvard College we hope to catalyze throughout the country a new realization of the necessity for raising faculty salaries and for strengthening in other ways the institutions which must train the future leaders of our country."

A new Harvard movie, "To the Age that is Waiting," will be shown at cities along the route. It is narrated by President Pusey and Dean Bundy, with a script by novelist John P. Marquand, '15. The film includes shots of some of the "greats" of Harvard's past--Presidents Eliot, Lowell, and Conant, professors Kittredge, Copeland, and Hooton, as well as "John the Orange Man" and the "goodies" who cleaned the student rooms. The film also shows the work of modern Harvard scholars and scientists, and the growing needs of the college.

Included in the tour will be business leaders representing the alumni management of the Program--including Alexander M. White '25, of White, Weld & Co., chairman of the Program; Thomas S. Lamont '21, of J. P. Morgan & Co.; and David Rockefeller '36, of the Chase Manhattan Bank.

A score of other faculty members will take trips during the year to support the program. The drive is scheduled for completion by June 1958.