Recovered Varsity Soccer Team Will Oppose Amherst Tomorrow

Hopes for the soccer team's first victory of the season will be pinned on the smooth functioning of the forward line when a convalescent Crimson squad plays the Lord Jeffs at Amherst at 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

In the team's first two games, the forwards, who showed much promise in the beginning of the season, have only been able to fight out tie games against Tufts and Cornell. Part of the line's difficulty was due to the Asiatic bug and injuries which have changed the lineup and slowed up several of the players.

With all players back in the lineup, the Crimson has a better chance against an Amherst eleven, which has put up a tough resistance, though it lost to Harvard the last two years. An advantage for Amherst may be that it will play on its own field, which is smaller than the Harvard field.

The forward line will again be led by Captain Jim Shue at center, Tom Bernheim and Robin Magowan at left and right insides, and John Mudd and Ken McIntosh at the left and right wing positions.

Tony Oberschall, recovered from an ankle injury, will start at center half. The other halfbacks are Jon Felstiner and Marshall Schwarz. Sophomores Chris Provensen and Lanny Keyes will form the fullback line. The starting goalie will be Jim Perkins.

Both the Crimson and the Amherst teams consist of a majority of seniors, who are playing each other at least for the second year in a row.