Crimson Rugby Teams Will Meet Favored Green Here This Morning

By Alastair J.C.E. Rellie

The Crimson rugby teams face what is likely to be their strongest opposition of the season this morning, as both the first and second fifteens meet Dartmouth on Soldiers Field at 11 a.m.

Last spring the Crimson eked out a 6-3 victory in Hanover, and beat M.I.T. 6 to 0 in its only outing this term. Dartmouth, however, has traditionally strong fall teams, and whipped the Engineers 24 to 0 two weeks ago.

The six changes in this week's Crimson team are a sign of the strong competition for places, but injuries have also played a part. Flank Ash Hallett is a doubtful starter due to flu, and the side's two outstanding 200-lb. props, Charlie Eaton and Derek Henderson, are both out for the rest of the season, as the result of an old football injury and a displaced cartilage respectively. Replacing them will be French law student Philip Monnot and freshman Warren Young.

Partly compensating for the loss of Eaton and Henderson will be the return to the forwards of Goeff Locke, who played for the Crimson two years ago, and Englishman Mike Nightingale. Neither was available last week.

The new left wing will be BobDowns, a newcomer to the squad, who has played in England, and Tom Fritz has been brought in at fullback.

The new left wing will be Bob Downs, Doolan, Richard Carey, and Hal Churchill, but Dave Holmes, Barrett Churchill, and Langi Kavaliku are three other fast backs who may easily win or rewin their places on the first side.

Jim Damis and Captain Alan Waddell, one of the best halfback combinations around, should give the backs plenty of chances to score, and with four men of 6 ft. 3 in. or better in Locke, Nightingale, Jim Cooper, and Bill Gill, the Crimson ought to get its share of the ball in the lineouts.