J.V. Football Team Bows to Indians, 19-12; 85-Yard Touchdown Sprint Clinches Contest

One well-thrown block was the key to victory yesterday afternoon as the J.V. football team bowed to Dartmouth, 19 to 12. Late in the fourth quarter the J.V.'s were trailing by a single point when suddenly a gaping hole was opened in the middle of the Crimson line and a Dartmouth back bolted 85 yards straight up the middle for the game-clinching score.

Up until this decisive cross-country sprint the teams had traded touchdowns evenly. In the second quarter, with Dartmouth leading 7-0, varsity reserve quarter-back Ron Johanson floated a 15-yard pass to Ken Hathaway, who had wriggled free of Dartmouth defenders in the end zone.

In the second half, another Crimson pass was deflected into the arms of a Dartmouth backer-up who scampered 25 yards to set up the second Dartmouth touch-down. Receiving the subsequent kickoff, the J.V.'s drove the length of the field to a first down on the Dartmouth one-foot line. On the next play halfback Dave Cappiello bucked over for the score.