Divinity Football Cancelled by Elis; Grays Triumphs

The Yale Divinity School football team disappointed reporters from Time and Sports Illustrated when they backed out of the match scheduled with the Harvard Divinity School yesterday.

Yale captain Lee Schomer called early yesterday morning to say that his team didn't want to play on a wet field. Harvard captain H. Peers Brewer reported the field in good condition at noon, but Schomer felt he could not get the team together.

Brewer suggested playing the match today, but Schomer preferred to postpone it until next year. "It just goes to show you can't trust a Yalie, not even one from the Divinity School," Brewer said with a smile.

Freshman Cross Country

Grays Hall romped over all contenders yesterday in the annual freshman intramural cross country run. They placed four men in the top 12 and defeated second place Hollis 24-65. Bryant Havey of Hollis won by a wide margin, with a time of 10:17 for the nearly two mile-long course.

One ambitious runner, Allen Lipsky of Thayer North, attached a beer can to a stick in front of him, in an effort to spur him to great heights. However, his invention collapsed after a few yards.

House Soccer

In House soccer yesterday, Adams defeated Winthrop 3-0, scoring all their goals in the last ten minutes of play. Upton Brady, Charles Taylor, and Fred Vinton each booted one of the Gold Coasters' three points. Dunster came from behind to squeeze by Leverett 2-1, with Frank Lowewald netting both the Funsters' goals.