Gaillard Wins Confidence Votes On Algerian Self-Rule Question; Tunisia Criticizes French Laws

By The ASSOCIATED Press

PARIS, Nov. 29--The government of premier Felix Gaillard tonight won two votes of confidence from the French National Assembly on plans for the future of rebellious Algeria. These plans to retain French rule--with relaxations--already have been rejected by rebel leaders in the three-year-old North African war.

The first measure, a program of restricted home-rule for Algeria called a frame work law, was approved by an official count of 269-200.

The second, setting out procedure for elections in Algeria, won by an official tally of 267-200. It is designed to prevent the French from being swamped by the Arabic-speaking majority in Algeria through a system of proportional representation. The Arabic speaking people outnumber the French 19-1.

Tunisia Appeals for New Mediation

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y., Nov, 29--Tunisia declared today French legislative reforms cannot bring an end to strife in Algeria, and appealed anew for French acceptance of a Tunisian-Moroccan mediation offer.

Tunisian Ambassador Mongi Slim called on France to set aside "narrow nationalism" and use the good offices of his country and Morocco in bringing about a settlement. He asserted France was "completely in error" if it felt that the three-year-old rebellion could be ended through legislative reform.

Antimissile Missile on Drawing Boards

WASHINGTON, Nov, 29--The Air Force announced today it is at work on a new weapon of the future--an antimissile missile called the Wizard.

Confirming unofficial reports that the Wizard is on the drawing boards, General Thomas D. White, Air Force chief of staff, described it as a defense against enemy missiles fired from other continents.

Concerning its feasibility, White said: "It will be a terrifically difficult problem, but I think we will lick it." He also stated that there are a number of development projects in the antimissile field, some of which have great promise.

Eisenhower Goes to Gettysburg

GETTYSBURG, Pa., Nov. 29--The comeback trail from a minor stroke brought President Eisenhower back once more today to the serenity of a brick and stone home amid the rolling acres of this country estate.

How long he will remain this time is something his associates say they can't answer yet. At least he will stay over the weekend. However, Eisenhower has bounced back with surprising speed. Aides won't rule out a possibility that he might yet go to the NATO meeting in Paris in mid-December.