Crimson Five to Face Jumbos, Search for Seventh Straight Win

'Little Difficulty' Expected

By Mark L. Krupnick

A high-flying Crimson five will be seeking win number seven tonight when it takes the floor against Tufts at the I.A.B. Tonight's game will close out the varsity's highly successful pre-Christmas campaign against non-League opponents.

Playing with only two day's rest after Tuesday night's record-breaking victory over Northeastern, the Crimson is nevertheless expected to have little difficulty in subduing the Jumbos. A win tonight would give the varsity its longest winning streak in ten years, breaking last year's mark of six straight.

Tuft's only victory in its first four games was over Clark. The Jumbos bowed to Boston College Tuesday night by a 78-65 score.

Muench High Scorer for Jumbos

The man to watch for the Jumbos is high-scoring guard Bert Muench, who tallied 36 points in the Brown defeat and who has consistently led the squad in scoring. Muench, a 6-foot senior, can set, drive, set up plays, and has even played the pivot on occasion.

Phil Shaw, a 6-2 guard who was high scorer for Tufts last year, is the other offensive threat for the Jumbos. He has averaged about 17 points per game, and, like Muench, can drive as well as set.

Averaging 6-4 in height, the visitors may pose something of a problem for the varsity under the boards. Center Pete Stanley, who measures 6-6 but weighs only 180 pounds, will start for Tufts, but, if past games are any indication, he will probably not be around for the finish.

Tires Easily

Stanley lacks the stamina to play for any extended length of time, and will probably wear out early, placing the rebounding burden on 6-6 forward Hank Ide, the only sophomore in the starting lineup. Ira Stepanian is expected to start at the other forward.

On offense Tufts, like the varsity, utilizes a high post with guards cutting off. If they can control the boards, the visitors will fast-break down court; if not, the Jumbos will try to set up drives off Stanley or screen for Muench and Shaw.

The Crimson Yardlings will open the evening program against the Tufts fresh men at 6:30. The varsity game is scheduled for 8:30.