Heckscher Bows to Salaun in Finals of Middlesex Tourney

Ben Heckscher lost to Henri Salaun in the fifth game of the finals of the Middlesex Bowl Squash Tournament yesterday. Salaun, America's second ranked player, was forced to the limit before taking the final game, 15-13, from the Harvard captain.

This afternoon, the varsity "A" team will play a Metropolitan Squash League match against the University Club. Heckscher, Cal Place, Larry Sears, Charlie Hamn, and Charlie MacVeagh will play for the Crimson.

Over the weekend, Corey Wynn's freshman team continued its astonishing record of not having lost a single individual match in intercollegiate competition by defeating Dartmouth Friday, 7-0. Jerry Emmet, Charlie Poletti, John Scullin, Al Vinton, Nick Lamont, Mike Humphrey, and Tim Gallwey all won handily from their last intercollegiate opposition until March 2, when they play Yale.

Saturday the freshmen second team took a surprise 5-0 decision from Andover. Humphrey, Gallwey, Al Blackmer, Denny Briggs, and Ed Vaughn were the winners for the Yardlings.

Neither Vaughn nor Briggs are regular on the freshman squad, which illustrates the tremendous depth and potential of this year's team. Andover, with Kirby Jones at number one singles, is regarded as a fair prep school squad, and the convincing manner in which the Crimson defeated them is conclusive proof of the Yardling's strength.