Wrestlers Underdogs In Springfield Match

With all-important Ivy contests looming in the next three weeks, tonight's match with Springfield appears a crucial test for the once-defeated varsity wrestling team. The match will begin at 8 p.m. on the I.A.B. mats.

Springfield has already defeated Yale, and in their last match the Gymnasts downed a strong Brown team, 14 to 12. Franklin and Marshall handed Springfield its lone loss, 17 to 9.

Coach Bob Pickett calls the Springfield contest the toughest of the under-dog varsity's remaining four matches, citing the superior strength of physical education majors and Springfield's strong showing against the Ivy power-houses.

Dave Skeels at 123 will wrestle Ed Amerantes, one of the standouts for the Gymnasts. Mike Abramovitz will return to action at 130, replacing the injured Paul Striker. At 137, Bob Crook will be seeking his fifth win, as against one loss, while at 147, Joe Noble will be pitted against the other Springfield standout, Henry Bianowicz.

Jack Eastling will wrestle at 157, while at 167, Bob Foster will seek his sixth win of the year. Captain Bob Gilmor will wrestle 177, with Al Culbert at heavyweight.

The Yardlings will meet the Springfield freshmen at 7 p.m. in what shapes up to be the closest match of the season for the undefeated Crimson freshmen.