Sextet to Face Tufts at Watson

Jumbo Coach Arthur Predicts Free Scoring Session Tonight

"The only thing resembling tonight's contest and a hockey game, will be how the Harvard boys want to make the score." This was the pessimistic comment of Tufts hockey coach Charley Arthur on the Tufts-Crimson game tonight at 8 P. M. on Watson Rink.

The main cause for Arthur's melancholy lies in the fact that three weeks ago, his four best players were expelled for "unsatisfactory academic records." "We lost two good defensemen in McLaughlin and Duncan," Arthur commented, "and our best lineman in Nolan. Up to then we were a hockey team; now we're nothing."

Before the loss of these players, Tufts was having one of its best seasons in recent years. It beat Princeton 4 to 3, Army 5 to 4 (a team that gave the varsity a hard time in the holiday tourney) and Williams 4 to 3. In their best game of the year, the Jumbos lost to B.C. by a comparatively small mar-margin, 6-3. Since then, they have gone steadily down, a decline culminating in a 5-4 overtime loss to weak Mass. State on Wednesday night.

As Arthur points out, the Crimson should score almost at will, as the chief Jumbo weakness is its weak and inexperienced defense. Crimson Coach Cooney Weiland's three lines should quickly wear out whatever opposition Tufts will put up, and from that time on, the visitor's goalie, Dave Phelan, should have a busy night. As to his offense, Arthur said, "I doubt we'll ever be in your territory."

Starting for Tufts at first line will be George Lloyd, Vincent Lang, and Charlie Sinto (the Jumbo's most consistent scorer and playmaker). Captain Arthur Conley and Peter Smith will start at defense and Phelan will open the game in the nets.

Weiland is expected to start his usual lineup of Bob Cleary, Lyle Guttu, and Paul Kelley in the line and Ed Owen and John Copeland alternating with Dan Ullyot and Dick McLaughlin at defense. Captain Jim Bailey will be the starting goalie. At second line will be Bob McVey, Dick Fischer and Dave Vietze. The third line of Maurice Balboni, Bud Higgenbottom, and Les Duncan is expected to see more action than usual.