Varsity Swimmers Defeat Springfield, Take Relay

Team Sets Record

The varsity swimmers won both team relays and placed first and second in four individual events, sweeping last night's Springfield College meet, 61 to 23.

Sigo Falk, John Hammond, John Lind and Bill Murray won the four-man medley relay in 3:58.1, setting a new spring pool record time. The 400-yard freestyle relay team was clocked at a creditable 3:36.8.

Greg Stone amassed a total of 63.98 points to win the diving event. Duane Murner placed second for the varsity.

The 200-yard freestyle was won by Dick Seaton, at 2:15.6, with Pete Macky second. Dyer took the 60-yard freestyle in 27.9, followed by Roger Clifton. Jim Stanley placed second in the 200-yard butterfly, and Bob Jaffe was third. The winning time was 2:26.5.

Dyer also won the 100-yard freestyle, followed by Lind. Dyer's time was 50.9. Hammond and Murray placed behind the Springfield winner in the 200-yard backstroke.

Seaton, who was clocked at 4:53.2, took the 440-yard freestyle for the Crimson, while Stanley and Dave Falk placed second and third in the 200-yard breaststroke. This event was won by Springfield's Bob MacDonald.

Griff Winthrop, Ron Miscner, Clifton, and Macky comprised the four-man relay team that took the 400-yard freestyle in 3:36.8.

The Crimson goes to Philadelphia for the University of Pennsylvania meet on Friday February 22, and will meet Princeton the next day.