Varsity Fencers Will Face Trinity

The varsity fencing team will meet Trinity College this afternoon at Hartford, in their second meet of the season. The fencers, who defeated B.U. 22 to 5 this week, expect the match to be fairly easy.

Pete Boyce, Mike Clapper, and Hubert Hocutt make up the starting foil squad. Bill Trebilcock will be in reserve.

Coach Marion plans to enter Bill Chapple, Andre Nikitine and Bob Scrivner in the epee. Doug Runnels, Dave Silbert and Mitch Thomas will start in the sabre event.

The varsity's first Ivy League match will be on next Saturday, when they fence the Cornell team at the I.A.B.

The freshman team will also fence today, when they meet the Hopkins Grammar School in a tough season opener. The strong Hopkins team is the traditional prep school source for the Yale fencing squad.

Dave Johnson, Jack Briley, Pete Kane and Dave Sweet will be at foil for the Crimson. Sabre starters are Jim Pruett, Sherin Reynolds, and John Shepard.

Although the epee squad has not been decided, Dick Thomson, Jim Roberts, Bruce Brown and Philippe Sharat will be on hand.