German Art Works At Busch-Reisinger

Wartime suffering and disillusionment is the theme of an exhibition of World War I paintings, drawings, and prints by German artists now on display at the Busch-Reisinger Museum.

The title of the exhibit is "War and Aftermath: German Art in Relation to the First World War." Cooperating museums and individuals have contributed more than 50 items. Among the artists represented are Grosz, Dix, Beckmann, Rohlfs, and Klee.

Included in the exhibit are samples of the Dada movement, whese adherents preached the worthlessness of human endeavor and the non-existence of spiritual values. This school reflected the nihilist sentiment that culminated in the outbreak of Nazism.

Recommended Articles

Busch-Reisinger's 'Lyonel Feininger' Proves that Art is in the Details
I t's a subtle tribute to an artist not to show off his greatest works, as if to say that
Folk Implosion
In good old American-Gothic kind of families, a new child was welcomed into the family with a quilt. Mom needlepointed
ACTIVELY NEGATIVE
To the Editors of the CRIMSON: Re: the Advertisement in Saturday's CRIMSON taken by the Young Nihilist Club. We feel
PEAR OF FEMALE STUDENTS IN RUSSIA.
All the female medical students in St. Petersburg-a class from which many redoubtable members of the Nihilist party have emanated-have
No Headline
Miss Florence Kelly, '82, daughter of "Pig Iron" Kelly, of Pa., well remembered as one of the brightest and most
CRIMSON PLAYGOER
Gentlemen, the New England Repertory has really been kicking the gong around of late. With a flying swan dive off