Aisner, Lawyer for HYRC, T-R, Quits, Submits Bill for Services

$500 Plus $3.09 for Stamps

Jason A. Aisner, treasurer of the Harvard Times-Republican and legal counsel to the T-R and to the Harvard Young Republican Club, has resigned his posts, it was learned yesterday. He submitted with the resignation, a bill for $503.09 for his services to the two organizations.

Reportedly a supporter of Thomas A. Stalker '58 for the presidency of the club, Aisner quit the day after Stalker was defeated for the post by Norman William Smith, Jr. '58, president of the T-R.

Five hundred dollars of Aisner's bill was for his legal services to the organizations during the past year, while the other $3.09 was for "postage stamps," according to Smith. Aisner had submitted no bills to the club previously, and it was assumed that he was donating his services.

Several weeks ago, Aisner recommended suspension of publication of the T-R because the paper was deeply in debt. Some club members feel that Aisner's resignation may hove been connected with the continuation of publication of the paper.