Varsity Has Eight Men in EIWA Match

By William C. Sigal

Defending champion Pittsburg and host Penn State are expected to fight it out for team honors in the Eastern Inter-collegiate Wrestling Tournament which opens this afternoon at State College, Penna., but the Crimson varsity could make trouble for the leaders.

Coach Bob Pickett has entered his entire eight-man team in the tournament in an effort to improve upon last year's eighth place showing.

Dave Skeels, at 123, who won seven of his ten matches during the regular season, will meet some of the finest wrestlers in the East. He has lost to Spring-field's Ed Amerantes, Columbia's undefeated sophomore sensation, Dave Clark, and Cornell's Carmen Molino. None of these three, however, scored a decisive win over the elusive Crimson sophomore.

Pickett at 130

At 130, Pickett has entered Paul Striker, who has been hampered by injuries during much of the season. He registered a four and four record.

Bob Crook will wrestle at 137. Included among his five wins during the regular season were two pins, including Yale's Ted Reese.

Joe Noble, at 147, won five of his ten matches, while 157-pounder Jack Eastling took only two out of six. Undefeated Bob Foster will wrestle at 167, where he has compiled eight wins against two ties. He registered three pins during the season.

Heavyweight Al Culbert is the dark-horse for the Crimson. Fully recovered from his shoulder injury, he pinned Eli standout Mike Schoettle in less than three minutes in the last outing.