Sporting Scene

Next year's varsity hockey will almost certainly get some of the heavy caliber opposition which has been universally prescribed to remedy the Crimson's troubles in Colorado tournaments.

St. Lawrence has already been scheduled for December 18 or 19, according to reports from the managers' office; this is expected to be a lone meeting in Cambridge, not the permanent home-and-home contract sought by the New York teams.

Clarkson is reportedly also on the fire, and the Western Trip, mythed about last year, is in the rumor mills again.

On the other hand, Tufts is said to have been retained on next year's program; the Jumbos got a 13-1 treatment, regarded by some as less than exercise for the varsity.

* * *

More than a half a dozen members of the Crimson swimming team are expected to compete in the N.C.A.A. Championships in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, March 28, 29, and 30.

Captain Chouteau Dyer will, of course, be the Crimson's only strong hope for a championship, presumably in the 50- and 100-yard freestyle events.

But John Hammond, who gave Yale's Tim Jecko unexpected trouble in the 100- yard butterfly, and diver Frank Gorman, who pulled himself up from eighth to third in the last four dives of the Easterns last Saturday night, will be along for more than the ride.

Recommended Articles

Swimming Championships To Enter on Second Day
Under the awesome monicker of Seventeenth Annual Invitation Individual Championships of the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League, the Easterns, as they
Swimmers Perform For Olympic Benefit
Seven varsity swimmers will appear tonight in a benefit performance for the United States Olympic fund at Andover Academy. Rodger
Yale Dominates Easterns; Dyer Scores Lone Crimson First
Yale's awesome swimming forces took five out of seven firsts Saturday night to win the unofficial team championships in the
Cambridge-Oxford Team May Compete Locally
A combined Harvard-Yale track team will probably meet Oxford and Cambridge late this Spring in the resumption of a series
Debate Council Seeks Win Against Princeton
Crimson debaters face Princeton tonight in the season's first official Ivy League Conference debate, taking the affirmative of the topic
Harvard, Yale Debate Friday On War Declaration Question
One of the oldest forensic clashes in the country will occur again this year when Harvard and Yale meet in