News Up to the Minute...

ALL THE NEWS lives up to its name. Every night at 11:30 the WHRB News, Sports, and Special Events Department presents a fifteen-minute summary of the day's events at Harvard, around the globe, and in the world of sports. Taped interviews with College persons in the news provide interesting insights into current news.

Radio news, unlike any other journalistic medium, has flexibility and a sense of immediacy in its coverage. ALL THE NEWS attempts to recreate the significant happenings of the day in one unified program at a convenient time toward the end of the day.

ALL THE NEWS originated in the fall of 1956 to consolidate three programs: HARVARD TODAY, SPORTS FINAL, and MIDNIGHT REPORT. It is intended to blend late evening news coverage into one program which presents a unified approach to events ranging from the strictly local to the international. Often, for example, a Harvard professor will comment publicly on a political issue; on the other hand a person of world reknown will often visit the Harvard community. ALL THE NEWS, by juxtaposing the coverage of these events, places each story in its proper context both here at Harvard and in the global scene.

ALL THE NEWS strives for the ideal in radio journalism: a sense of immediacy, a unified approach to all news items, and presentation of personalities actually involved in making the headlines.