4 Seniors Receive Scholarships For Study in Europe Next Year

In Three Countries

Grants for graduate study abroad have been awarded to Robert W. Scrivner '57 of Kirkland House and Topeka, Kan., Stephen A. Aaron '57 of Lowell House and New York City, Eric W. Kurtz '57 of Adams House and Oberlin, Ohio; and Peter N. Stearns '57 of Eliot House and Urbana, I11.

Scrivner has been awarded the Lionel de Jersey Harvard Studentship, Dean Leighton announced yesterday. He will spend next year in England as the Harvard Scholar at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.

A Knox Felowship for study in the British Commonwealth has been received by Aaron, who is an English concentrator. He hopes to study at Oxford University.

Fulbright Scholarships have been awarded to Kurtz and Stearns, according to Thomas E. Crooks '49, Director of Student Placement and chairman of the College Fulbright Committee. Kurtz will study Comparative Literature at the University of Vienna, and Stearns plans to study French History at the University of Lyons.

Fulbright awards have previously been received by Charles P. Segal '57, Robert H. Secrist '57, and John E. Ratte '57 who accepted a Henry Fellowship for study in England.