Students' Cooperative Charters European Flight for 114 in June

A student co-operative group has chartered a 114-seat Super-G Constellation to fly Harvard and Radcliffe students and faculty to Europe this June.

Victor Besso '57, co-chairman of the group, announced yesterday that all spaces had been filled, fulfilling the first requirement for the flight. Permission must now be granted by the C.A.B., but the group expects no difficulty in obaining approval, he said.

Members in the co-operative pay $330, their share in the expense of the round trip flight. The fee is about half that charged by regularly-scheduled airlines, and only Harvard and Radcliffe students and their immediate families are eligible under C.A.B. regulations.

Besso said that about 20 addiitonal students wish to make the trip, and announced that another plane would be chartered if 35 more students made reservations.

Flying Tiger Airlines has supplied a new Super-G Constellation for the flight, which will leave June 17 from New York for London and Paris. Although members must make round-trip reservations, substitutes may take their places for the return flight, which leaves Paris on Sept. 11.

"Europe Co-operative," a similar student group, chartered a plane for 68 members last year. The co-operative was organized after several student groups had failed to stimulate interest in a European flight, and secured Dean Watson's "moral approval" on the condition that it claim no official University backing.