U.S. Offers Jordan $10 Million To Support New Anti-Red Rule; Meany Upholds Ouster of Beck

By The ASSOCIATED Press

AMMAN, Jordan, April 29--The United States today offered 10 million dollars in economic aid to King Hussein's new anti-Communist government.

Jordan indicated immediate acceptance. Talks began at once on ways to put the money to quick use in this troubled, poverty-stricken Middle East kingdom.

The Soviet Union called the United States the "main culprit" in the Jordanian crisis. A Foreign Office statement broadcast by Moscow Radio said the situation is dangerous and could lead to "grave consequences."

The Jordan radio heard in Cairo said Hussein and King Saud had agreed in their surprise talks in Saudi Arabia Sunday that the Jordan crisis was an internal affair.

The new Jordan aid offer was announced by the U.S. Embassy soon after Jordan's Foreign Ministry emphasized it wants nothing to do with the Eisenhower Middle East Doctrine--possibly for internal political reasons.

Meany Upholds Beck's Suspension

WASHINGTON, April 29--George Meany, AFL-CIO president, today told Dave Beck, beleaguered Teamsters Union head, that his suspension as an AFL-CIO officer stands despite Beck's claim his ouster was an illegal "nullity."

Beck immediately went into a huddle with his lawyers and fellow Teamsters Union chiefs to decide their next moves in defending Beck and the union itself from AFL-CIO charges stemming from Senate Rackets Committee hearings.

Floods Threaten Texas Cities

DALLAS, Tex., April 29--The greatest flood in the history of the Sabine River bore down on cities along that stream, the Weather Bureau said tonight, as scores of other Texas rivers and streams brought creeping destruction to parts of Texas.