Reider Elected as Captain Of Track Team for '57-'58

Arthur E. Reider '58 of Eliot House and San Francisco, Calif., was elected captain of next year's track team at the team's annual banquet Tuesday night. Reider was also given an award for his improvement in mile-running since his freshman year.

The second major award of the evening was the Pat McLaughlin Trophy for freshmen, which went to Patrick R. Liles '60 of Massachusetts Hall and Memphis, Tenn., for his spirit, teamwork, and general aid to the freshman squad. Liles has won the broad jump and the 100 and 200 sprints three times, and finished the year with 68 5/6 points as high scorer on the freshman team.

Other improvement awards went to Dyke Benjamin for the two mile, Bill Morris for the 1000-meter, and French Anderson for the 600-meter. Benjamin, a sophomore, lowered his time from this year, and placed fourth in the Hep-10:32.5 in his freshman year to 9:31.4 tagonals, held last week. Morris' lowest time was 2:17 this year, while Anderson's low time was 1:12.

Reider's award recognized his improvement in the mile between his freshman year and this past season.