WEEKEND EVENTS

THEATRE

The Boy Friend still hasn't found a girl friend, but come Monday, were he wise, he'd stick around to watch the happy renaissance of the Shubert when Can-Can arrives. Girls, yet, then. Boys, still, today, at 2:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Last performance (guaranteed) for the month of March.

Thieves' Carnival by Jean Anouilh is Lyric Productions' first offering. The place is Fine Arts Theatre, Norway Street, rather off-beat and unquestionably off-Broadway. At 8:40 p.m. tonight.

MUSIC

Boston Symphony will play for a third consecutive smash week. Villa-Lobos' Symphony No. 11, conducted by the composer, will be performed for the first time. Also Tchaikovsky and Beethoven, but bad flying conditions prevent their personal appearances. At 8:30 p.m. tonight.

Albeneri Trio plans the "Archduke" Trio by Beethoven, and Hayden and Ravel in Sanders Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m.

CINEMA

Walt Disney happily has moved in for the weekend at the U.T. The African Lion will growl at Peter and the Wolf and The Emporer Penguine. Fred McMurray thinks he has everyone At Gunpoint, but he won't have you if you enter at 6:45 p.m. or 9:55 p.m.

Fernandel throws snow-balls in a macabre sort of way, and is rather amusing in a French sort of way. The Red Inn is not to be confused with the Casablanca, which is downstairs. At 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m.

In Boston: Danny Kaye shows flashes of brilliance and mediocrity in The Court Jester at the Paramount and Fenway. Picnic is unpleasing because it is dull and Mid-western, though Susie Strasburg is infinitely Central Park West at Loew's State and Orepheum. Diabolique is still the biggest secret since John Thomson spent the weekend at the White House. At the Beacon Hill. Carousel has russet-thatched Gordon MacRae, which is more than anyone could ask, at Keith's Memorial. The Rose Tatoo is all AnnaMagnani's at the Met, which says ". . . Every week is a record. The crowds! The cheers! The acclaim!" The modesty.