International Seminar Will Gather Here

More than 40 representatives from 26 countries are expected to arrive in Cambridge this week for the Eighth Annual International Seminar, according to preregistration information released late last week by the Seminar office.

Made up of editors, artists, writers, members of parliament and other political and cultural leaders, the International Seminar will engage in what has been termed "high level discussions" with Henry A. Kissinger, Executive Director of the Seminar.

Open Forums

In addition, individual members of the group will conduct Open Forums every Tuesday, July 9 to August 13, at 8 p.m. in Littauer Auditorium, which will be open to the public without charge according to Kim Lyman, secretary to the Seminar.

These discussions will deal with conditions and matters within the countries of the different individuals who conduct each Forum, she said. No schedule has yet been arranged as to who will speak on which dates. This schedule will be made up, she explained, by the members of the Seminar when they assemble this week.

In addition to the regular summer group meetings, the International Seminar also writes and publishes "Confluences," a quarterly which discusses political issues, the social sciences, and other themes of modern thought.

These subjects are treated with by members themselves during the summer session, with a view toward giving leaders from Asia and Europe an opportunity to gain insight into this country, according to Seminar officials.

Countries represented include the Belgian Congo, Ceylon, China, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaya, the Netherlands, Pakistan, the Phillipines, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Vietnam, and the United States.