H.A.A. Issues Ticket Books To Students

Booklet to Replace Old Athletic Cards

By Kenneth Auchincloss

A small green booklet of detachable numbered coupons has replaced the traditional "student athletic card" as the student's means of free admission to University athletic events.

Freshmen and upperclassmen received their booklets at a special table in Memorial Hall during registration last week.

According to Frank O. Lunden, Department of Athletics Ticket Manager, the new system is designed to prevent difficulties that arose last year. Students who failed to pick up their football tickets and athletic cards on the proper day were often unable to get their cards back in time to apply for tickets to the next game.

This year's booklet includes a separate coupon for each football contest, which must be filled out and filed in the usual application envelopes at the Department of Athletics Building at least 11 days before the game.

The tickets will be delivered to students in House dining halls durng the next week at dinner on Thursday and at Friday lunch, the same times as last year.

To gain free admission to events other than football games and contests where seats are reserved, students must present their booklet at the gate, where the coupon corresponding to the number of the event will be detached. There are enough coupons in the booklet to cover all athletic events throughout the year.

The booklet carries the notice, "Not replaced if lost, mislaid or stolen." There will ordinarily be no exceptions to this rule, says Lunden, so a lost booklet, will mean the loss of the student's privilege of free admission to all home athletic contests during the year. Lunden admits, however, that an exceptional case might arise for which the rule would be reconsidered.

A considerable number of upperclassmen have reported that they did not notice the Department of Athletics desk at registration in Memorial Hall Friday and failed to pick up their booklets. Lunden urges them to report to the Department of Athletics Building at 60 Boylston St. as soon as possible so that they will be able to file applications for tickets to the Cornell game due Wednesday, Sept. 25.