Dartmouth Limits Carnival Guests

Dartmouth College has imposed a limit of two guests per student for Winter Carnival in an effort to prevent a repeat of last year's overflow turnout.

The housing situation for the popular college weekend of January 30 through February 1 is approaching the critical stage. Nearly all housing facilities within twenty miles of Hanover have been reserved for visiting.

"We would like to be able to entertain everyone who wishes to attend the carnival this year," commented Dartmouth's associate dean Arthur H. Kiendl, Jr. "Unfortunately, facilities in Hanover are extremely limited and it is necessary to restrict our guests to those who have received official guests cards."

A limited number of guest cards have been distributed to Dartmouth undergraduates who have invited guests from other colleges. One of these cards must be presented at the door of every fraternity and dormitory in order to gain admittance.

"In view of the crowded housing conditions and the absolute impossibility of sleeping in a college building without a guest card," Dean Kiendl concluded, "we strongly advise that anyone who has not been invited to Carnival and received a guest card not come."