Injuries May Hurt Soccer Team In Today's Opener With Jumbos

The varsity soccer team opens its season this afternoon against Tufts and the game will be one of experimentation for Crimson coach Bruce Munro. He has had to revamp his lineup several times because of an alarming number of injured personnel, including Karim Aga Khan, the starting outside left.

The Jumbos cannot be taken lightly, as they gave the varsity a very hard time in the game last year (which ended in a 2-2 tie) and are reported to be strong again this year. This afternoon's game will be at the Business School Field and is scheduled to start under threatening skies at 3 p.m.

Munro has had to do most of his juggling in the forward line as his two insides came down with injuries in the early part of this week. John Mudd, the inside right, injured his left leg, while John Hedreen separated his shoulder. Munro will save them for Cornell. Keith Lowe and John McIntosh, formerly an outside, will start in their stead. Roger Tuckerman will start at center, but he may be moved to inside, as Munro plans to try out as many different combinations as he can. Larry Ekpebu will start for Khan at outside left, while Ken Marmar will open at outside right.

The halfback line will see three new starters this year who have looked well in practice. Bill Rapp will start at center half, while Marsh McCall and Charlie Steele will open on the wings. Bill Driver is also expected to see action at one of these positions. This line is the chief question mark of the team and its performance will be a good indication of the team's performance this year.

The fullback line should be very strong, with Captain Floyd Moloy starting on the left and Lanny Keyes, an All-Ivy pick last year, on the right. Tom Bagnoli, who alternated with Jim Perkins last year, will open this afternoon's game in the goal.