Eliot Spends Ford Gift On New Luncheon Series

"Eliot House is using its Ford money primarily to finance a series of small Senior luncheons with outstanding guests," Master John H. Finley, Jr. '25 said yesterday. "We have avoided the idea of putting on forums," he added. "There are relatively too many forums in the College as it is."

Sir John Gielgud, famed Shakespearean actor, was guest of honor yesterday at the first of the Eliot luncheons. More than 20 Seniors interested in literature and drama attended.

During the year Eliot will sponsor six or eight luncheons, covering a variety of fields, and eventually including every Senior in the House.

"We will also use part of our Ford funds to hold the annual House dinner," Finley said. "Last year we had T.S. Eliot, and, although it's hard to beat that, we hope to do as well this year."

Dunster Continues Fine Arts Program

"At Dunster House," Master Gordon M. Fair said yesterday, "the emphasis is on fine arts." Last year the House instituted an art studio, staffed by a practicing Boston artist.

Continuing its established Ford fund program, Dunster will sponsor a drama workshop under the direction of Gaynor F. Bradish '52, Teaching Fellow in English. The group hopes to read, write, and stage a number of plays.

The third feature in Master Fair's fine arts program is a composer-in-residence, Charles F. Kletzsch '46.

"This year we hope to have a noted musician visit Dunster for a few days," Fair remarked, "perhaps a violinist."