Soccer Team Plays Today At Williams

In the first of a series of five straight away games, the varsity soccer team will travel to Williamstown this afternoon to face the Ephmen. Varsity Coach Bruce Munro's squad will not play another game at home until November 1 when they meet Pennsylvania.

After Saturday's 3-0 loss to Amherst, it would be impossible to underrate any Little Three team, but as Munro said yesterday, "I doubt if we will meet any team this year, in the Ivy League or outside of it, that is any better than Amherst."

Munro has spent much of the last two days drilling the team in play around the opposition's goal in an effort to correct weaknesses the Crimson exhibited against Amherst. The major innovation is an "inside outside" attack to skirt opposing fullbacks so that, as Munro puts it, "our smaller forwards won't get stepped on again."

While a goodly number of the varsity players are still injured, the problem of depth is not as severe as in the past. The only weak spot is at fullback where the loss of Captain Floyd Moloy has had serious consequences. Besides Lanny Keyes and Tom Morgan, Munro has no other regular to put in and he has had to use a halfback.

The rest of the Crimson lineup will be the same for today's game. Tom Bagnoli will be in the goal, Marsh McCall, Bill Rapp, and Charlie Steele will open at the halfbacks, while the starting line will be made up of Larry Ekpebu, Keith Lowe, Roger Tuckerman, John Hedreen, and John MacIntosh.