Ec 1 Reports Highest Enrollment Figures for Fourth Straight Year

Hum 2 Ranks Second

Economics 1 retains its title as the most popular course in the University for the fourth consecutive year, although 86 less students are enrolled in it than last year.

With a registration of 549, Economics 1 tops its nearest rival, Hum. 2, by 30 students. English 124, formerly English 123, took third place with 502 students, constituting a gain of 138 for the course.

Two courses which were not in the top ten last year have made the list for 1958-59. Ranking ninth and tenth respectively, they are English 7 with an enrollment of 341 and Soc. Sci. 4 with an enrollment of 317.

Comp. Lit. 166 suffered the largest drop, falling off 212 students below last year's total of 430. However enrollment in the course was limited for the first time this year.

The other course which dropped from the top ten is History 169. Last year's enrollment numbered 95 more than the 250 students presently registered.

Rankings of the top ten courses are: Economics 1, 549; Hum. 2, 519; English 124, 502; Math 1A, 498; Hum. 5, 491; SocSci. 1, 460; Chemistry 1, 356; Government 1A, 342; English 7, 341, and Soc. Sci. 4, 317.

Actually, the course with the highest registration, as always, is Gen. Ed. A. The required Freshman course lists 1440 members.