Moors Guest Examines Radcliffe To Publicize Development Fund

Pamphlets Will Describe Projects

A familiar sight in Radcliffe's Moors Hall this week is Mrs. Henry F. Pringle, of Washington, D.C. Mrs. Pringle is living at Moors while writing a series of pamphlets about the various aspects of the college for publicity of the Radcliffe Development Fund.

Although a graduate of the University of California, Mrs. Pringle has for many years been interested in the problems and advantages of the nearly unique Radcliffe system of joint education with Harvard. A few years ago she and her late husband wrote an article for the Saturday Evening Post entitled "They're Using Lipstick at Harvard Now," which outlined the history of the Annex's affiliation with Harvard and described its present situation.

Mrs. Pringle has also written several articles--not about Radcliffe--and a book on Montana. Her husband was a noted biographer, chiefly known for his books on Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft.

The pamphlets for the Development Fund will describe the projects for which most of the money is slated. One leaflet will cover endowments; another, the scholarship and student aid programs. Others will discuss Radcliffe's part in the new theatre, to which the Annex will contribute $250,000; the proposed tenth dormitory; and the Women's Archives and scholarly publications issued by the college.

The Development Fund is in the third year of its ten year plan, and has received about one-third of its $10 million goal. The college hopes to be able to contribute more to faculty salaries, increase scholarships and fellowships, and improve and expand dormitory space.