Ivy Ratings Put Crimson Defense First in League

The Crimson football team is leading the Ivy League in team defense, and halfback Chet Boulris is among the individual standouts in two major departments, according to this week's official Ivy statistics.

Last Saturday's inspired defensive performance against the tough Dartmouth eleven lowered the varsity's average to only 192.7 yards allowed per game. The Crimson also ranks first in rushing defense, having held its three opponents to an average of 122.3 yards per contest, and stands third in pass defense, with a mark of 70.3 yards per game.

Boulris, after picking up 87 yards in 22 carries against Dartmouth, has moved into fifth place among running backs with a total of 191 yards in 45 tries, an average of 4.3 yards per attempt. He is second to Cornell's Tom Skypeck, the Ivy "Back of the Week," in punting, with an average boot of 37.5 yards.

The varsity's offense has not kept pace with its defensive performance. The varsity ranks only fifth in team offense, having amassed 258.3 yards a game, and does not have a single representative among the top five in scoring, total offense, or passing.